Oceanside Wrongful Death Attorney

Michael Hemming Protects Your Rights

If a loved one died because of someone else’s wrongful act or negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses, including the loss of their companionship, your emotional losses, and your economic losses.

Can You File a Claim for Wrongful Death?

In California, you can file a claim for wrongful death if you are your deceased loved one’s spouse, domestic partner, or child. If the deceased does not have a living spouse, domestic partner, or child, you can file a claim if you would be the person next in line to inherit from the deceased by the California rules of intestate succession. You may also be entitled to bring a wrongful death suit, in some circumstances, if you were financially dependent on the deceased. Find out more about whether you are eligible to file a wrongful death suit under California law by consulting an experienced wrongful death attorney.

What Kind of Damages May You Be Awarded in a Wrongful Death Suit?

You may be entitled to compensation for the costs associated with your loved one’s death, including funeral and medical expenses. You may also be entitled to compensation for your loved one’s lost income, for your loss of financial support, for your loss of household services and for your emotional losses. Consult a California wrongful death attorney to find out more.

When Should You File a Wrongful Death Suit?

In Oceanside and throughout California, the law requires you to file your wrongful death suit within two years of the date of your loved one’s death. It is important to file within this time limit. Otherwise, you can lose your right to compensation.

Experienced Oceanside Attorney Wants to Help You With Your Losses

If you are thinking about filing a wrongful death suit, you should talk to an experienced wrongful death attorney. At Hemming Law A.P.C., we are passionate about helping people get the compensation they deserve for the losses caused by others.

We are based in Oceanside, but accept cases from anywhere in California. You can call us at any time at (877) 926-4535. We would be glad to answer your questions and to tell you more about what you can expect if you file a wrongful death suit. If you wait too long, you can lose your right to file a suit, so don’t delay! Call us today.

Ratings and Reviews

8.3Michael Gerald Hemming
Michael Gerald HemmingReviewsout of 2 reviews
Graduate of Trial Layers College badge